HughesNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

techuser3344

Baseband Member
I have an account with Hughesnet that is supposed to be a 1mb connection speed (max) and im paying $70 a month for it and $300 equipment fee. I get 500kb~ connection speed at all times and have a 300mb DAILY Restriction on the account otherwise im getting 25KB connection speed. Im curious if this is normal in the ISP world or if my anger is justified. This seems like an absolute rip off, but i have no other option (I dont consider dial up as an option). Thanks for your replys.

A 300MB daily restriction is quite low, most ISPs I know of have a max of 1GB or higher. I'm lucky enough to have an unlimited bandwidth (and actually unlimited, there's no fair use clause).

In reference to connection speed, it quite likely depends on where you are downloading from; i.e., are they able to upload at more than 500KB/s to you?

I have an account with Hughesnet that is supposed to be a 1mb connection speed (max) and im paying $70 a month for it and $300 equipment fee. I get 500kb~ connection speed at all times and have a 300mb DAILY Restriction on the account otherwise im getting 25KB connection speed. Im curious if this is normal in the ISP world or if my anger is justified. This seems like an absolute rip off, but i have no other option (I dont consider dial up as an option). Thanks for your replys.

my friend had hughesnet

was like $80 a month for 1.5mbps and it had a 300mb restriction on it too :\

personally i'd stay away from satellite internet if possible (but i'm sure if it was possible to use others you would :( )

my friend had hughesnet

was like $80 a month for 1.5mbps and it had a 300mb restriction on it too :\

personally i'd stay away from satellite internet if possible (but i'm sure if it was possible to use others you would :( )

Thats a HUGE yes, I would feel like I won the lottery if that were the case. Im warning all the people I can about hughesnet. i mean its better then nothing but it needs to have a lower price tag or be more strait forward, as they require a 2 yr contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom