how much is a website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so. how much dose it cost to have an website?. reason im asking is i want to start up a photography company based as a web site and i need to be able to store quite a few pics on it at the same as it not costing an arm an a leg?.

Try something simple for now like go daddy dot com or something like that, just to get an idea of what your wanting... I think my wife pays something like 40-50 bucks for a year of support and maybe 5-10GB of space.

Whatever you do, don't get your domain name through GoDaddy. If you host any questionable content on your ftp or they receive any complaints, GoDaddy will revoke your domain. I know because it's happened to me. Now, I use namecheap.com when I want to purchase a domain.

Whatever you do, don't get your domain name through GoDaddy. If you host any questionable content on your ftp or they receive any complaints, GoDaddy will revoke your domain. I know because it's happened to me. Now, I use namecheap.com when I want to purchase a domain.

i'll have a look at that one now. i might need an australian one.

Website Hosting and Email Hosting
^
but the ones with a decrnt amount of space start at 70 bucks a month.. i dont have that kind of mony.

Any hosting company will take measures to protect themselves. Hardly a case to base a firm decision on whether or not to go with a particular company because you failed to abide by their ToS. I've been using GoDaddy for over 5 years now for a lot of different hosting and domain services. I've never had the same issue that you are referring to. In fact, I rarely have any issues at all with them that they can't resolve over a single short call or brief explanation.

Any hosting company will take measures to protect themselves. Hardly a case to base a firm decision on whether or not to go with a particular company because you failed to abide by their ToS. I've been using GoDaddy for over 5 years now for a lot of different hosting and domain services. I've never had the same issue that you are referring to. In fact, I rarely have any issues at all with them that they can't resolve over a single short call or brief explanation.

Indeed. I like GoDaddy for domains. I don't like their hosting much anymore though. They overload their boxes, and my site grew very slow on peak hours. ~200KB/s max download speed, ridiculous.

My HostGator hosting gets me and most everybody I've shared files with around 800+KB/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom