How to ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnae17

Solid State Member
I am new to web hosting. I have used 3rd party sites to host websites before but I dont know anything about hosting my own.

So if u host ur own u just need a computer and the right software ( web hosting ) right ?

If u host ur own site, then u have all the space u need and dont have to pay a provider ?

Do i need permission from my ISP to host a website ?

Thanks to all that answer :D

If you were to run your own web server apache would be the clear solution. It is free and open source. If you have windows advanced server though you could possibly use IIS to host a website. Regardless, you would need a pretty good land connection to your house to host a website. Hosting a site off just a broadband connection isn't ideal unfortunately.

Thank you,
Greg Walker
http://www.fozzy-networks.com
Coldfusion Web Hosting and Discount Web Design

Hmm

I have coldfusion mx btw

I could use that

So what are the problems with hosting from a broadband connection

bandwidth ? what do online hosting sites have that home broadband hosts dont have ?

Thanks

Professional web hosting companies reply on heavy bandwidth to operate. Any website that needs a professional look or needs to be operable 24/7 should be hosted in a datacenter on reliable hardware. Search engines reply heavily on the time it takes to access your website, hence having faster results will boost your rankings.

There are problems with hosting at home, for example, what if your power goes out? Your website will be temporarily offline until your power comes back on and your server reboots properly. Also, you would have to run a DNS service such as bind on yours server as well.

If you have a broadband connection chances are you have a dynamic ip. This presents a large problem with hosting. You should host your websites on static ip. You will also need an email server for whatever domain name you wish to host as well. There are potentially dozens of other things you could or would need set up in order to get a fully operable service to host a website.

The company I work for is an excellent host. We support PHP, ColdFusion, Perl/CGI, and SSI. We offer MySQL databases with every plan. We also offer email hosting. We provide a web control panel where you can view all of your statistics, configure email accounts, back up your website and much more with a click of a button. Let me know if you are interested via email at greg@fozzy-networks.com or check out our website at http://www.fozzy-networks.com and we will be glad to assist you.

for residential internet service, normally ISP don't allow webhost

You need a dedicated internet connection which is of higher price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom