Is this host any good ...Do you reccomend something ells?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hey guys...its been a awhile since iv been on ...but iam back at last ..
anyway ..i have to build a site to put my portfolio on and iv been looking around and i found millions and millions that offer the same thing but difference prices(1-2$) which is not a big deal..so i guess what it comes down to is reliability ..which makes me wonder about this Webhostingpad.com - Reliable web hosting for only $4.95/mo) are they any good...have any one used them before?
i found them here Top 10 Web Hosting Reviews - Best Web Hosts 2007 and they have good reviews...
on this forums i found allot of people who asked about hosting got redirected to monster host (are they really good?)

as far as my whole project goes its very simple ..1) a site that is going to be my site (portfolio resume and sample work )

2) a site for our personal project (announcements...progress..etc)/ forum.

now would i be able to host then on the same account or do i have to get 2 different accounts . i mean as far as space i think i have enough (1500GIG) but about bandwidth?
also that place offers free domain for life ..does that mean the period iam with them ?
now as far as getting 3 domain do you know if any good packages like that ?
sorry about the many questions but this is my first site(iam a 3d modeler) so iam not very familiar with web hosting packages...
Thanks

I dont know about that host. But i have used Limitless and they are great.

Limitless Hosting | Limitless Shared and Reseller Hosting

With the Reseller account there you could do both. You could have your portfolio up on 1 site and then create a new account and put up a forum.

The free domain for life is only your life with them. To get 3 domains i would suggest something like namecheap or godaddy to get them yourself and manage them yourself rather than leave that up to someone else.

I personally know the guy who runs limitless and he is more than willing to help you get things rolling with support tickets and such.

Make a list of hosting providers and check them first by contacting their staff, then by search on the forums.
Look into Hostgator.com Hatchling plan- lots of resources, good support.
marblehost.com- a free domain name included in case you pay for 3 months ahead, response time guarantee.

Makaveli213 they should pay you, im gonna sign up with them now because Unlimited hosting is so cheap.

Makaveli213 they should pay you, im gonna sign up with them now because Unlimited hosting is so cheap.
I have that option open to me but i have since shut down my site and now let a friend use my hosting. So i let him pay for it. :p
Unlimited hosting is so cheap but it's not reliable.
That depends on the people you go thru. With the host i suggested there has been at most 2 hours of downtime in the 3 years i have used them. That was due to a Server upgrade. Like i had previously stated i know this person who runs it. His own site runs off of it. So it is very reliable.

Ive never done paid hosting before, i just signed up for a basic account, $3.95, but how do i pay? I dont get it.

Edit: I see now, but it wont let me pay without adding a credit or debit card. I dont have one nor can i get one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom