Home Web Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

macraigma

In Runtime
So my Wife and Mother-in-law are going to start up a business. They want me to make a website for them. I have most of it done using Dream Weaver CS4. I currently have it set up on my laptop. If I were to say setup a PC i have laying around the house and install Apache on it and set up the web server is this the right path for putting the web page online for people to see? What else would I need to do and how would I go about doing it? Thanks in advance for taking the time to read. Much appreciated =)

I would not recommend hosting the site at your home, the benefit of a professional hosting company are well worth their bills, however setting up a similar environment on a server at home to test the site is a solid idea.

Okay, so I have to do more research on reliable place for web hosting. Thanks, I'll still be making my webserver for testing the site like you said.

Any web hosting sites you recommend? I currently have some stuff thru 1asphost.com but that's the cheap free one. Also, what's the price range for web hosting, I think the more you want storage wise the more it costs correct?

Thanks again!

bluehost, hostmonster, and hostgator are the most commonly recommended ones here.

Here is a really great tip that you really need to do if you don't want to lose your home internet connection. Make sure that you are allowed to run a server on your current ISP and that you have a high enough Upload Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom