Help Making a Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubbleet

Daemon Poster
Hey, been a while since I posted, been busy lately :/.

Anyways, my dad owns his own small business and asked me to make a website for him. I only know basic HTML, but I want it to look professional. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on what to do i.e. buy a template, hire a web designer or something else along those lines. If you need anymore info just ask a question.

Hey, been a while since I posted, been busy lately :/.

Anyways, my dad owns his own small business and asked me to make a website for him. I only know basic HTML, but I want it to look professional. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on what to do i.e. buy a template, hire a web designer or something else along those lines. If you need anymore info just ask a question.
Well you can try out software such as Dreamweaver or Expression Web and see if you use your creativity. But this may need you to make your own graphics and stuff.

You can look up free templates, it has a few cool looking ones you can use without paying.

Hiring someone should be last resort unless you don't know how to go about making a website, not willing to experiment or totally lost.

Well, I have access to dreamweaver, photoshop etc., but I'm not good at making graphics at all.

Dreamweaver / Flash / Photoshop are your best bets, yeah. psdtuts.com and psdvaults.com will help you with Photoshop. There's also a list of sites on psdtuts.com about Dreamwaver tutorials, Flash tutorials, and just about all Adobe products. Very helpful sites if you're willing to spend a lot of time learning :tongue:

yea i seriously wouldn't even think about going the web designer way. I know that stuff is way more well known now..but just like a few years ago my dad would hiring people for his websites and he was getting bids for like $3000-5000 just for simple things :|

I would say just look at all of the tutorials out there. Even if you only learn a tiny bit from each one you can piece together the things you like all into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom