Help with domain names...need to show in address bar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

consolemax_com

In Runtime
Hello, I recently purchased hosting which came with a free domain name. The problem is, I want another name I currenty own to show up in the address bar when people visit the site, and use the name I received from the hosting company just a .com that redirects to the one I want to use.

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks for your help :)

You should get hosting from another service, and transfer your currently owned domain. A great site to do this with is onesite.com! They seem to be very good!

Find a DNS provider that lets you do the forwarding or get a host and actually host the domain you are trying to use.

You could also try to get your current host to add a "vhost" entry for the domain you want (they will probably charge you a fee).

either use No-IP, or as well zoneedit is a free DNS site. you can forward your domain to your host, or as well , ask for name servers from your hosting provider, and use on your domain. as if you already have a domain, then they might be having (A) Records setup with them.

or if you have the other domain already, you could just make a nice little index.html with a http refresh tag that would redirect all the visitors to your new site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom