Great resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toblerone

Baseband Member
Hey just thought some people might be interested in this:

For a web host I like to use psychz.net, they have absolutely full featured web hosting starting at like 2.95 a month with no setup or contract.

For domain registration Im an absolute 123cheapdomains.com fan, for 13.95 you can register your domain and they give you a full featured dns server.

These are the two resources I use, think it might help some people.

More good resources.

Cheap domain registration and hosting at:
1 and 1

If you have a webserver setup, but don't have a static ip, you want to check out:
Dynamic DNS

Decent free webhosting that is super easy to create a website (someone mentioned alread):
Free Webs

Decent free hosting that supports CGI:
Prohosting

Not so good, but hey it's free, webhosting that supports CGI:
Netfirms
Haven't had a good experience with this host myself. My gaming clan used to for our site and forums. After a month we were locked out of our forums with a message stating we have hit our daily CGI limit. That was over 6 months ago, and to this day we still get the same message. No help from the tech support either.

Somewhat decent free hosting that supports PHP and MySQL:
The Free Server

Though if you don't keep your traffic up, they'll remove your site. I know from personal experience. It's a good place to play around with phpnuke and such.

My suggestion when looking for a web host is to find one that supports php and mysql. That way you'll have plenty of flexability in what you can do. Also check out phpnuke.org if you want a really nice looking site with minimal amount of work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom