good website host don't care about price

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkExploit

Baseband Member
My brother is going to afghanistan because he is a tow gunner in the marine corps. so he bought a 2,000 dollar lab top with wireless internet and he wanted me to get a website. I need a good host that is user friendly.. I am mediocre in html coding.
Anyway he wants to upload pictures to the website and it would be nice if their were pre-made templates because my photo shop is down

I just signed up w/ Globat.com and they are extremely user friendly. They have a great admin control panel w/ website templates as well as a built in photo gallery. I'm not sure about the price but I got in on a promo for about $4 / mo. including domain registration and startup fees. I would recommend them.:D

UPDATE:

I just saw today that Globat is having a special for 5GB storage and 75GB transfer for $5 per mo. and a $20 setup fee.

I can give you:

5GB storage
50GB bandwidth
Unlimited FTP/POP/mySQL/subdomains/domains
PHP 4, Perl, ASPX support
cPanel/WHM
Custom error pages
Reseller capabilities

On a AMD 3ghz server with 1-2GB RAM, running Apache 1.3.33 (duh?) and CentOS ... for um... £5 per month? No setup fees.

I'm not going to knock other offers, but I will say three things from experience:
- There is a lot more to web hosting than disk storage and trasfer. While having high numbers for both is a good thing, there are often speed and availability problems.
- Support requests, even at a "top" cheap / high numbers host, can take between 24-48 hours. If you don't need them, that's fine, but support is like insurance. You hate paying for it, but some day you will eventually need it, and will likley regret skimping.
- Dirt cheap hosts often put way to many people on a machine. Not only does that contribute to my first point, but if you think you may every want some kind of dynamic content with a SQL back-end, you may be out of luck. Again, even at the top cheap hosts, your site may be frequently dead to do database issues.

I'm not saying don't go with any offers above. They may not have these problems, or it may not be important to you. Just be sure you are certian of your host before you lock yourself in.

You can nicely fit 30 people on a 800 mhz machine. There're something like 75 on mine, and it's a 3Ghz.

The server is at the SAVVIS datacenter... draw your own conclusions about speed/performance from there ;)

Terencentanio said:
You can nicely fit 30 people on a 800 mhz machine. There're something like 75 on mine, and it's a 3Ghz.

The server is at the SAVVIS datacenter... draw your own conclusions about speed/performance from there ;)

That's reasonable, though. Some hosts will just keep sticking users on the same server until people are croweded out and have to jump ship.

what about www.ace-host.net my brother needs a long term website and this offers 3.95 a month for 36 months and no setup fee... also 24/7 tech support... some of the links to the stuff that they offered didn't work though

5 gigs of space and 50 gigs of bandwith per month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom