Forums: Where do I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather950

Baseband Member
I want to build a forum for my extended family website. What is the easiest way to build one and maintain users, and integrate it with a site. Please help, this would mean a lot to me.

Possibly php on a lamp/wamp server

or .NET framework

help!!!

Thanks,
Jimmy

easiest forum to setup and manage is phpbb2. this can be integrated into any nuke portal or mkportal. mkportal is probably the easiest to use for a website. my current website uses these. to give you an idea go www.loxzclan.com

With this mkportal do I still have to install sql server or php or anything like that. I am really new to this andam really confused...can you elaborate.

Thanks

Only if you are thinking about hosting your website from your home. If you are buying hosting, all you do is upload everything and go to the install.php files.

however you WILL need to makre sure that your hosting pakage supports PHP and MySQL as most hosting company charge extra for these services and can be difficult about adding the services in once you have paid!

I'd reccomend phpBB2, it's lite, fast, free (the software, not the hosting of course.) this forum uses vBulletin, which requires a license to run, but i'd say it's the most stable, with the least vulnerabilites.

www.phpbb.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom