Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
Me and my friend are going to start a forum. A pocket bike forum that is. I have a couple of questions.

1. is my connection sufficent. I have a 4.6mbit download speed. And a 340kbit ul.

2. Is the computer sufficent. Dual P2 350mhz, 128mb Pc-100, 4.6gb SCSI 10k rpm.

3. How BIG can my forum be with a 4.6 SCSI 10k rpm.

4. How much more electricity would this cost if I DID NOT have a monitor, keyboard, mouse hooked up.

Also the last question is, does anybody know if RoadRunner has a problem with people hosting sites and forums???????

Unless you pay extra your ISP will probably shut you down if they see enough activity. Although many ISPs don't care, if they notice they will enforce the ToS which typically bars you from operating a server.

You should be fine with less than a dozen concurrent users so long as you go easy on the images.

If you are planning for a lot of bandwidth I can get you an account with a great web host or point you to a company up there in New York that can get you a nice business-grade net connection

I would suggest you just sign up with a webhost. Globat has some good offers on recently (you just missed the 1 years free for a year deal) and some more great offers will probably come along soon. In my opinion you will be best buying some web hosting space.

If you visit www.chooseagoodhost.com you can see some of the cheapest/reliable webhosts.

Chooseagoodhost Admin.

Choose, you should add Nexcess.net :) To this day they have provided better customer service than anyone at anytime throughout my entire life. That is why I've partnered up with them to offer my customers web hosting.

C.Ingram said:
Choose, you should add Nexcess.net :) To this day they have provided better customer service than anyone at anytime throughout my entire life. That is why I've partnered up with them to offer my customers web hosting.

Ok. We will add them within the next 24hrs. Thanks for the advice and link. :)

Chooseagoodhost Admin.

Nexcess has now been added. Your comments on the hosting company would be very grateful on chooseagoodhost.com.

Thanks again.

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom