Form Handler and Forum Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratpig

Solid State Member
Can anyone recommend a good, solid (and cheap) HTML form handling software. Same question for forum software (or host). I am putting both on my neighborhood website and I can't pay too much because I run it all myself as a hobby. Thanks

BTW I like the way this forum looks and feels so I'll check the link below!

For form software... all you really need is PHP, most web hosting companies offer PHP. many tutorial on how to set up/create a simple form on a website. Almost just like HTML

For a forum software, try discusware.com.
They have a free and Pro version. It works pretty good.

Thanks for the info. Discusware looks like what need, I am going to try it.

With PHP, does it handle databasing or do I just need to learn more about forms ingeneral? I am somewhat new to this.

Yes, php handles a database. Most webhosting companies also give access to MySQL.

Obviously, you need to learn/know programming ---- but depending on your skills/knowledge, it should not be that hard.

good luck

Most hosting companies have some pre-made form handling software. It's not that hard. Tell me what you want the form to do and I could probably set it up for you.

As for forums, I highly recommend www.dk3.com. Invision is also a good forum company, but their stuff is slightly too expensive (for me, maybe not for you). www.invision.com

There is also phpbb (www.phpbb.com). They have free software but you have to have a host that supports php and install it yourself (installing forums...isn't that easy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom