Double connection, focused on 1 program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchlad

Beta member
Ok, heres the deal, im on a shared connection, with about 50 other people on it.
This wasnt a problem untill now, i play world of warcraft and recently joined a guild wich uses teamspeak to communicate during raids/dungeons.

Because of the shared connection, the people from maintenance blocked certain ports, uncluding the ones for teamspeak, i called, and they said they would not be able to open a port just for my computer, cus they have the network programmed so that every single change will affect the other computers too

Now, i got an idea about either connecting my phone, or my usb internet stick, to my computer, and let 1 of those run only teamspeak.

The problem now is, world of warcraft will never get enough speed out of those 2 to run properly.
So i was thinking, is there anyway to have 2 connections on the same computer, and to point out certain programs to 1 connection, and other programs to the main connection?

Thanks for reading,
Peter

PS. i know its my first post, and itl prolly stay like that to be honest, i hardly know anything bout computers >_>
Also, i hope this is in the right forum part?

While possible teamspeak is bandwidth heavey, you would easily blow your allowance in hours, ask the server admin to change the port to somthing that is not blocked.

Well, the "allowance" isnt a problem at all, i have unlimited internet acces on both my phone and my usb internet stick. and the maintenance guys basically cant open any port up.

Normally i could plug in the usb on my laptop and use teamspeak on there, but, my laptop broke down completely >_>

Thanks for the reply tho :thumbsup:

Received help from a RL friend, its now working, thanks for the replies, topic can be locked (will try to do it myself if i can find the option to)

(edit), cant seem to find the option to close topic :p as i said, im a computer noob, sorry :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom