Domain Hosting for Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioanni

In Runtime
Hi there me and my friend are currently in the works of starting out own forum site. Now we are looking for a site that offers free sub-domains that do not expire after 30 days. The only problem is we cannot find any website that offer free domain hosting for forums. Now I dont mean to be breaking any rules by asking (Admin, my appologies if I am), but does any one know any sites that do offer free domain hosting for forums that have the option on buying the subdomain afterwards?

What I want to do is start my own forum website an example would be this site techist.com.
But I want to find a site that offers domain hosting. They must however provide subdomains that do not expire after 30 days. In which can be purchased whenever the customer wants. They must also be a site that does forum hosting.

You want to find a host that will give you a free subdomain (like you.yourhost.com)? I'm not sure what you mean by domain hosting.

Exactly I want to find a host that will give me a free subdomain
like you.yourhost.com
Now what I mean by domain hosting is a site that will allow me to host a forum website like techist.com

Kubel said:
You want to find a host that will give you a free subdomain (like you.yourhost.com)? I'm not sure what you mean by domain hosting.

You see there are some sites that offer free subdomain and free hosting. So if you want to keep the domain you have to purchase one of there packages.

Usually the provider doesnt offer a MYSQL database and you will need one of these for a forum , best to fork out a few £'s and get some hosting

A few sites do mywowbb does offer fully forum sites but they only offer a 30 day trial sub domain then you have to buy

If you're wanting to have it very long, you likely will need to purchase, rather than expect to keep it free indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom