DNS Hosts - Your Posts Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

In Runtime
I'd like to hear from people who are hosting their own websites about what DNS host you're using.

I'm currently looking for a DNS host, and i've researched a lot of the popular ones, as well as a few unknowns that claim to be great.

What DNS are you using? Are you using a dynamic DNS service, or do you have a static ip? What is your experience? What has worked for you, and what hasn't worked for you?

Have you experienced dns downtime? I'd particularly like to hear from users of ZoneEdit & DNSmadeeasy.

I currently have a dynamic IP and am wondering if i should go with a dynamic dns service, or if i should just pay the extra $25 dollars a month to go with a static IP & increased upload/download speeds. Hearing from you all might help me make the decision. ;)

I have a static ip and im using zoneedit for all my websites. It has offered excellent service, I've been using it for 2 years now, and there wasn't one single day downtime.

I've also used noip.com, afraid.org, and dyndns.org, they are good too.

If your planning to host stuff at home, you dont really need a static ip as long as you can update your dyndns.

I used to have dynamic ip for a while and it was as good as static. Ive had web servers, game servers, mail servers, everything u can possibly imagine and never had problems with it.
So I wouldn't pay extra for static ip...

As for the speed upgrade :D, that always comes handy. ;)

I actually decided to go with a static ip to avoid any extra hassle with dynamic dns. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom