Creating a Website! Please Post All Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanquish

Banned
I need help guys I want to know everything about everything there is to know about creating a website! Can someone give me step by step instructions on what I have to do uploading images, live chat, links, things to sale, all availible knowledge will be taken appreciatively! Thanks TECH FORUMS!:laughing:

All knowledge of making a website?

Yeah, that would take about 60000 pages to write...

Learn HTML and CSS. Learn how to use an FTP client. If you want to sell stuff, you'll need some PHP knowledge and install a open source ecommerce cart.

For live chat, you would need Java or Flash.

This is extremely vague to be taken seriously. It's a lot of information too. Start out by doing some of your own research... then narrow your questions down. For instance... "Things to Sell" ... seriously... We don't know you from Bob, how could we possibly answer that intelligently.

Don't ask a broad question and then sit back and wait for answers and pick and choose the ones you like... do some research :)

Start here:

Creating a website - Google Search

Uploading images to a website - Google Search

Live Chat on a website - Google Search

how to put links on a website - Google Search

Things to sell on a website - Google Search

I know what you mean, it is just a pain in the *** at times isnt it.

Go an do some night school classes on Web design would be my advice to the OP.

By the looks of that he should do a class on computers in general before he starts with one on web design/development.

Frustrates me to no end when friends come up with all different words for a PC.

By the looks of that he should do a class on computers in general before he starts with one on web design/development.

Frustrates me to no end when friends come up with all different words for a PC.

That's a point.
There is some nice tutorials out there one basic web design one I go back to time an time again is WebMonkeys HTML cheat sheet an I think they recently added others as well like CSS an Java. But before you decide to go whole hog on learning one aspect of computers you should try an get a good grounding on the other topics that are related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom