Creating a forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mainly only dealt with Limitless because i know the owner and he treats me well cause i do work for him on one of his other sites.

okay, so Mak

any recommended software for publishing a webpage(s)?

I've only delt with Frontpage in the past, and it seems it has been retired, and I do not see anything in the "recommended software for certain tasks" nor the "list of Free & open source softwares" threads

btw
hijack.gif

okay, so Mak

any recommended software for publishing a webpage(s)?

I've only delt with Frontpage in the past, and it seems it has been retired, and I do not see anything in the "recommended software for certain tasks" nor the "list of Free & open source softwares" threads

btw
hijack.gif

Although I don't recommend it, Dreamweaver.

Although I don't recommend it, Dreamweaver.

Surely you jest! Dreamweaver is a fine development tool, some features are not so good, but I find it to be the best solution (seeing as GoLive wasn't too much fun when it was around)

It depends on whether you want to code the HTML or design the web page (Dreamweaver does both and sticks to standards, which is of primo importance in the web world these days)

That's it for now :)

Dr. House

Like Craze said Dreamweaver. Most people i know still use notepad to do it themselves. I know teh Adobe CS2 suite came with GoLive which i have used myself. That was easy to use. There is also some Windows stuff that can do it. I think VB can do it. But that is much harder to work with than things like dreamweaver.

Most of the time me and my friends use notepad or notepad++ for these things.

Like Craze said Dreamweaver. Most people i know still use notepad to do it themselves. I know teh Adobe CS2 suite came with GoLive which i have used myself. That was easy to use. There is also some Windows stuff that can do it. I think VB can do it. But that is much harder to work with than things like dreamweaver.

Most of the time me and my friends use notepad or notepad++ for these things.

Personally I have been with Dreamweaver since MX came out (so many years ago :), it was a lot worse than than it is now, but do what you think works best (try the dreamweaver trial and if you like it buy it, if not then use notepad or notepad++, im a fan of textpad myself)

The most important thing is the W3C standards for XHTML1 (soon to be 2) and CSS2 (soon to be 3), if you comply with those (along with a few IE work arounds, sigh) you will be fine, I highly suggest look at Web Monkey tutorial or W3Cs website W3 Schools tutorial.

I personally recommend learning to code HTML before you use an "authoring tool" like Dreamweaver, but do was you wish :)

Thats it for me

Yeah, it's usually alot simpler just to go with a hosting. Typically they're only a few dollars month and you don't have to worry about bandwidth or disk space and managing the server yourself. Also say.. your power went out lol your website would go down. Web hosting companies I know of have generators and they can help you out with problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom