comcast desktop software crap

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i moved to a new place and had to setup the comcast again

last time there was an option not to install any crapware from comcast

now theres no option to skip the download and installation

it shat(****ted) shortcuts allover and changed my homepage.
and dont know what else it did in the background

i really didnt like what was done and would like to know if theres a place i can report them to
because to me it looks like spam
the software is not needed to have comcast service and i sure as hell did not allow them to change my homepage and add shortcuts everywhere

they even tried to change my search provider and installed the stupid ask.com search bar which i also didnt allow
or was ever given an option to not install any of that crap

dont know but it is new

to activate modem on new service i have to go through click click pages and last one gives only one button "install" no other way

i tried shutting down and restarting but it still stays there untill i install the software

there wasnt really any software to install
just bunch of useless shortcuts, ask toolbar and homepage/search hijack to xfinity.

i remember we had to deal with sht like that back in windows 98 but it passed quickly

It's probably because you have a modem of theirs. I got Comcast service back in May and I went and got my own modem and just had to enter the account information and we were up and running. Try and go through and uninstall the stuff, and definitely call Comcast and tell them to **** off. It's probably somewhere in some line of an EULA that they have the right to do that if you lease a modem from them but it's sketchy that they're basically hiding it from you.

well i did buy a modem from them back in 2004 motorolla surf

and been using it ever since

every time i move and reopen the service they try to take ownership of the modem and i have to explain same sht over and over.

then they also tried to charge a fee for not returning a modem that i already own...
tried to charge me for a trouble call when i lost connection because they fd something up in their distribution box
tried to charge me to fix the cable lines that are on the street and suposed to be maintained by comcast
tried to tell me that my modem was too old and i needed to lease one from them
tried to tell me that i had faulty cable lines inside the house as i was plugging in my modem to the outlet on the front of the house to show him that theres still no signal. and then he kinda packed up and left in a hurry...

otherwise comcas been great lol

but i don blame them, i blame the lame ass people that dont fight back when a company takes advantage of them. i cant surely do it on my own, i just look like a hater and easy target since i dont really know too many laws...

tmobile hates me and so does comcast, along with few other companies that i routinely bother with my questions exposing their ******** lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom