Charter Starts Selling Your Browsing History

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Imagine that your ISP actually tracks your surfing habits and then sells that information to advertisers for money. Well, if your ISP is Charter, you don't have to imagine because that is exactly what is going on, whether you like it or not. Yikes.

I'm writing to inform you of an enhancement coming soon to your web browsing experience... While continuing to deliver the same fast and reliable internet service you've always received, innovative new technology enables Charter to provide you with an enhanced online experience that is more customized to your interests and activities. As a result, the advertising that you typically see online will better reflect the interests you express through your web-surfing activities. You will not see more ads - just ads that are more relevant to you.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

aww crap. I don't want to see pr0n ads EVERY site I visit...stupid charter and its horrible customer service..

Charter is a Internet service Provider. Like Verizon, Road Runner, Comcast and so on. Like AOL is.

Glad I'm not with them. I hate seeing advertisments of things I WANT...

Just what I would need... the urge to spend more money...

EDIT:I just realised how old of a thread this was... My bad, necro poster :( <--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom