Biology/Medical Site Name and Template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
one of my personal projects I want to do is to create a simple/small website which will catalog my biology experiments but also act as a repository for all the arcane medical knowledge I have.

I am looking for domain suggestions and also free template sources which would make sense for me. Also, if anyone wants to volunteer to help set this up, that would be greatly appreciated.

This would be a .org domain - I don't really want to try and make any money off of this, but I will put on a few Google Ads just to help cover the costs of hosting (thinking about going with GoDaddy basic package).

I want the site to be perfectly straight forward, so many websites are convolated and don't ever actually list the alternative treatments and instead you have to find them through obscure links. Like this: Healing Cancer Naturally via Alternative Holistic Cancer Treatment: Welcome!
Terrible website design.

Maybe something more like this: Charity template

With simple clear navigation at the top. Heck, maybe we use that one. It's free.

-Maybe this could be a Tech-Forums "open source collaboration"?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For instance - there are several cures available for diseases such as HIV and Cancer - and if not a cure then a sustainable treatment.

----HIV
-Gene therapy with T-cells removing gene CCR5
-Bone marrow transplant from someone with CCR5 natural mutation
-Staggered antiviral scheme - stop taking your drugs for 1 to 3 months so that your HIV infection will revert to a non-resistant strain, then hit it hard with broad spectrum antivirals. The first man to undergo this discovered it quite by accident when his HIV became resistant to all available drugs. His doctor decided to take him off the drugs so that he could be comfortable for the rest of his life. After a few months they decided to try again because the man wasn't ready to die. They almost completely obliterated his HIV infection. He has been on this scheme for several years now and is living completely healthy with no secondary infections.
-Electrical blood cleaning (still experimental)

----Cancer
-DCA - drug which jumpstarts apoptosis in tumors
-THC - kills certain types of brain cancer
-Baking Soda - can "suffocate" certain types of lung cancer
-Intravenous Vitamin C - boosts the immune system to be able to fight better
-Low sugar diet - tumors are unable to undergo normal cellular respiration, and limiting your sugar intake greatly hampers the growth of tumors
-T-cell boost - you have a lab take a sample of your white blood cells which are most effective at fighting your cancer, they clone a few billion of them and then reintroduce them. the extra T-cells will smite down your cancer with the utmost alacrity

----Coma/Brain Damage
-HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) causes growth of neurons in the brain, facilitating full recovery from coma
-Target electrical stimulation (experimental) depending on the type of injury/damage, electricity has been shown to be effective at jumpstarting repair to nerve damage
-Spider venom (not completely documented) one man was bitten by a brown recluse. Somehow this caused his body to regenerate nerve damage which had him bound to a wheel chair. He now walks under his own power.

I'd be willing to help. Just let me know what you need help with.

A Google search will yield a ton of free template sources, so I'd suggest you check that out.

I'd also recommend HostGator over GoDaddy.

I'll check out HostGator later.

I downloaded the template I linked last night and took a look at it. Despite it's sophisticated look it seems to mostly be in HTML.

I'll start planning it out tonight/this weekend. I already know roughly what I want to include, and how it's gonna be set up. All in all this should be a VERY small website, all things considered.

I might need some help with drop-down menu's.

For instance, on the main nav bar I want to have the usual Home - About - Donate and so on, but on the Alternative Treatments tab I want that to drop down to show all the diseases, I'll have a separate page for each disease. I could look up the code for a drop down but I'm too lazy.

I just think it'd be nice to have an altruistic site on my conscience

EDIT: How does www.avantgardemedicine.org sound?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the offer of help. This should be a fun project.

I like this template also:
Open Source Web Design - Preview - Bitter Sweet

Open Source Web Design - Download free web design templates.

Good stuff! I'm going to be busy all weekend!

Okay, I worked all weekend on this project and it's up and running. I just need to clean up a few rough patches and continue to add content.

Please check out Avant-Garde Medicine!

Avant-Garde Medicine - New and alternative treatments and cures

If anyone can please take a look at the about page and help me figure out why it wont show the portrait pictures please help me out!

Also, if anyone has any secret medical knowledge (with related news articles) please feel free to email them to me (address is on the site)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom