Best Free Forum software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
Sorry if this doesn't go here, wasn't sure. But what is the best free forum software I can get? I'll be paying for godaddy hosting but don't wanna shell out 150 for IPB or VB.

MyBB looks good.

Alot of people mention PhpBB but I can't stand it.

Any good free hosts to host a phpbb forum? I'll buy a domain name but are there any free hosts?

awesomewebspace.com was working great but its been down all day! Whats a better free host I can just upload/install phpbb3 myself and buy a domain name at say godaddy and use it? Also no ads.

Most of those posted above only have it so that it auto installs forums for you.

My preference goes to phpbb.

The most simple and efficient to create a forum, imho ;)
If you haven't got much time, and want to see what the new phpbb3 can offer, just try it out on this host : create forum

Hope you will enjoy it :)

K well that one host that didn't put ads or anything on and I could install phpbb3 and everything easily and I knew there had to be a catch.. its like 60% uptime.
So I don't care if theres ads like at the bottom if possible. So does anyone know a host that I can upload/install phpbb3.. and restore a database and buy a domain name with it? Don't care about some ads.

phpBB2 is your best bet for learning (IMO), it does not need linux, it has the largest database of add-ons and because of its already long lifetime, it has a massive and helpful user-base in its support forums.

It has been losing popularity over the last couple of years but as soon as phpBB3 is finally released it looks like it will take its place as the number one again.
Another reason to use phpBB2 is it will allow you to get to know the community while the wait for phpBB3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom