Yahoo and email problems, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB

Solid State Member
Hi gang:
I am a newbie here so any help will be greatly appreciated.
I am running a DSL line with 1426 Kps bandwidth, Pentium 4 1.8 ghz, 512 mg memory, internet explorer 6.0 or Firefox, AOL 7.0 using ISP/Lan setting connection
Here is the problem:
Whenever I try to access Yahoo.com via internet explorer the system moves at snail pace, the yahoo email is even slower, using firefox is even worse the main icon don't even load up.
But when I log on to AOL.com using the same DSL the yahoo.com is fine using internet explorer.
Obviously, there is a problem with the ISP using the DSL to access yahoo.com and related sites.
My question is: how does one fix this problem or make it run faster without having to access the AOL.com.
BTW, I do clear out my cookies, my internet download files, restart the computer, check the bandwidth speedmeter, enable and disable my antivirus just to see if that is causing the slowdown. It gets worst with a wireless modem (disconnected already) and in the evening.
It seems like yahoo.com is not compatible with my system, google.com is more friendly and compatible, unfortunately I have numerous yahoo email accounts.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks southernlady:
Unfortunately, if I ditch AOL, then I will have zero access to my yahoo email accounts.

correct, I access all of my yahoo email accounts at work without any problem even while using internet explorer then www.yahoo.com But for some strange reason, which I cannot figure out, I cannot access yahoo.com on a consistant basis via my home computer SBC DSL ISP connection. In the evening, it gets even worse, during the day it is a hit and miss. I do not have the similar problem accessing gmail.com or hotmail.com etc. only yahoo and yahoo email accounts. But when I use the AOL.com ISP via my DSL connection to access my yahoo email accounts on my home computer, I do not experience the same problems, the access is free flowing.

Okay, so your dsl portion of this is SBC Yahoo? Then there is something wrong with THAT part of the connection cause you should be able to just click on your web browser and sign online. I have SBC Yahoo DSL and do EXACTLY that. Are you going thru a router at home? Liz

Just found another web problem, trying to log on to pay a bill:
www.metropcs.com website, then to make a monthly service payment, then to express pay. When I click on the express pay icon, I get an error message. I just checked with the Metropcs people and my own office, and they are able to log on. This all started after I updated to the new XP service pack 2.

just removed SP2, the issues/problems are still the same.
Thanks for your input

Yahoo Email probelms

Hi, I have been having problems accessing my yahoo email as well. I use verizon DSL to connect on a Windows XP Home platform. Things were fine till last thursday (03/17/05) when out of the blue, I started having problems accessing my yahoo email. The yahoo email webpage (mail.yahoo.com) loads easily, but when I enter my user name and password, it just fails to go to my email. I am sure I am using the correct user name and password, as I can logon to yahoo messenger, my yahoo,. yahoo groups, etc. Initially, I thought that it was problem with my ISP, so I called verizon, but they claimed that they are running fine without any probelms and that I can access all other webpages (including secure sites) pretty fine. I kind of agree, since I have multiple yahoo accounts and all my other accounts, as well as my wife's account seem to be running fine using the same computer and ISP. The strange thing is, I can access my yahoo email from my office computer, and even on my home computer using juno dial-up to connect (instead of verizon DSL). Emailing yahoo cutomer service has not solved the problem. I have tried everything from the basic rebooting the system tp cleaning the cache, diasbling antivirus and firewall, upgrading the browser (netscape 8, I usually usually use IE 6, but using other browsers like netscape 7.1 and 8, mozilla & MSN haven't worked either).
My mother-in-law's yahoo email account had a similar problem a few weeks ago and it kind of started working again on its own in about 5 days or so.
My wife's email account is kind of working ok, in the sense she ca access her email, but cannot sign out of the account. Whenver you click the sign off link, it just stays the same or goes to page cannot be diplayed message. The only way out is to close the browser!
I was searching the web for a solution and came across another discussion board (http://www.ssca.org/sscabb/index.php?action=vthread&forum=7&topic=641) and seems like a lot of people seem to be having probelms with their yahoo email.
I have no clue what's wrong, but haven't been able to access my yahoo email using my verizon dsl connection for the opast 8 days now.
Any ideas????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom