Traffic, needed site

Status
Not open for further replies.

cronic5

Solid State Member
My site, which is called Random And Useless Thoughts... is going dry after just a short upcoming. It was doing pretty good, but now is slowing down to a crawl. I would like to have some original games on there, but I am not good at flash or Java (anyone who thinks they can code this for me please contact me). I mainly run a text file archive (anyone who reads this, feel free to submit a file yourself) and a forum until I get any other type of content on it. I am soon going to add some videos (probably of my friends doin stupid things with fire or something similar).

So, hits are obviously needed. I have entered my site in Google, Yahoo!, Alavista, and some others. META keywords don't seem to be helping too much either. Link exchange seems to work, but my site is so small, rarely any other sites ever want to exchange any links with me at all.

Any advice would be appreciated and taken into consideration.

You have a nice site but As all your content is written, you could try Search Engine Optimization.This is useful to get ur rankings high in Google,yahoo,etc search engines and get noticed.You can do it yourself or get it done proffessionally, depends on your skills & budget.

I just read the "Rapin g a Van full of Retards" article.
Thats sick man, real sic k!!!
Why do you keep that shi t? Maybe it scares people away from your site, did you think of that?

keba said:
I just read the "Rapin g a Van full of Retards" article.
Thats sick man, real sic k!!!
Why do you keep that shi t? Maybe it scares people away from your site, did you think of that?

Yes. Why would anyone go there if it was so scary?

There's loads of advice about SEO out there online; it's a bit of a black art, but most people seem agreed that links from other sites are important, as are relevant keywords appearing on your pages. There are loads of other variables out there though, so get reading - and if you're serious, consider paying an expert for some advice, or spending some cash on pay-per-click if you have the money.

Here's some places I've found useful:

A couple of pieces on search engine optimization and pay-per-click (not very in-depth but not bad introductions either). Search Engine Watch is good - check out the forums and the blogs. And I like Marketleap for comparison with your competitors.

SEO is very expensive... Your best bet..IMHO.. is to sign up with google adword to get targetted visits ($ per click) and google's adsense to your site to make a little revenue.

for games look on some game websites and most of them have pages saying add games to your site go on them download the .swf file and the host it simple!!

Affiliates with other people's website can get more links to you. Causing your rank on Googleto go up. :) But look for "Link Exchange Affiliates."

Sorry for jumping in on this but I wanted to give some friendly advice:

A couple of tips:

1: Never pay for txt links, Google will see this as cheating your way to the top and will flag your site. Always build your own back link by submitting to 1 or 2 directories per day.

Look at these
Google Results
now go into each page and submit your site but remember only do a couple per day and stay well away from Auto-Submit URL software.

2: Never pay for an SEO guy to help your site – you will find all the information you need from specific sites such as www.seochat.com and other forums – where do you think so called SEO folks learn their business ;-) (Remember you do not need qualification to do SEO).

3: JCash21 is right about joining Adsense & Adwords – earn cash and traffic.

4: Your site doesn’t seem to be based on anything specific – yeah I know useless thoughts ;-) but if want a search engine to take interest you need to aim for a topic such as games or even web design (I see you have some good articles on HTML etc.

5: The head tags in the code need revamp – you have way to many and your keywords are not really based on anything that would be searched for – lets play with this a bit.

Take a look http://www.uselessthought.net/f/tech/HTML Intro I.php and now your head tag code – your keywords, description and page title does not match your content for that page. You want to aim at having:

Title: Introduction to HTML an Easy Guide
Keywords: Introduction to HTML, Mozilla Firefox, HyperText Markup Language, HTML code, etc etc.
Description would be based on what Keywords you are using but put together so that it makes sense when read by a human.

Your head tags should only have:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<meta name="KeyWords" content=
<meta name="description" content=

Forget about language etc – a Search BOT only looks at the first few bytes in the head tag so keep the info very brief.

6: Add more content, if you can add one page a day to the site with approx 250 words and keep it relevant with relevant links to other sites.

7: Join forums and give advice on stuff you know – add your site to your sig which will help with back links.

8: Keep your forum updated even of no-one is reading the posts keep posting – search engines love daily fresh content.

9: Submit articles to sites like ezinearticle.com - write an article based on the topic of your page and have a link at the bottom. The great thing with this is that other webmasters are allowed to copy and paste your article onto their site but they have to have the link going to your site – again more back links and hopefully some traffic. Never submit info from your pages onto a site like ezinearticle, Google can tell when pages are copied so make all your pages your own work.

10: That article on how to rape…… I do not understand why you want to post something up like that in your site, you have a nice site do not drag it into the dirt. My advice is to remove it, if someone at Google, MSN or Yahoo seen this they will have your site black listed from their engine altogether, not good.

Good luck with your adventure ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom