Top SEO Techniques - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > SEO and Web Traffic
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Default Top Tips

Thanks fot the Tips!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Top SEO Techniques

Some very solid ideas here, thank you.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via MSN to Micky Send a message via Yahoo to Micky

HI there,

Quite good points there. But i have slightly diffeent opinion:

Quote:
Individual meta keywords per-page. Content reflected.
Do you still think that meta keywords play an important role per-page? I am not quite sure about it. I do optimization for a website with no meta keywords but it still ranks well on search engines.

Quote:
Submit to directories.
Its a bit cheeky. I don't know how far directories will help you. Infact directories are becoming obsolete now a days. I submitted to about 300 free directories but its difficult to get results back. Free directories take a long time ( 3 to 6 months) to display your link. Its not guaranteed that they would take your link for granted. Also, its very time consuming and sometimes not worth your time. You can go for free advertising through channels such as Google product search, Revieiws, Social bookmarking......Why not try other methods of optimization rather than submitting to link directories?

These are just my views. please feel free to criticize. I will be happy to accept it. However, i agree with all other points. A very nice and great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetCablesPlus View Post
These are great points. I am particularly interested in #7 (submitting my site to directories) but I have been reticent about it because I am not sure which directories are good ones to submit to and which are not. Are you aware of any lists of 'good' directories to submit to for Search Engine Optimization?
I am not convinced to submit my site to directories. But i know where you can find it. Have a look here for some free directories. It also contain list of paid and free directory submissions. Honestly i dont know how can i differentiate between good and bad directories but if you really wana submit in directores, make sure you submit it to right category and if there is no right category then suggest a new category in that directory before posting.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Software like IBD covers all the mentioned SEO methods-it's simple and easy to use. If you're interested in getting in the top 5 on Google, Yahoo, etc.-I can get you there but it's not cheap. I have websites at the #1 position on Google for key search terms that gets millions of hits per month. Don't ask me how I do it...it just gets done.

If you're interested, hit me up: equityspace at gmail dot com (I used this format to prevent email harvesting programs from picking up my email address).
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Awesome Yek , pointed out the main and important features . No BS straight forward to the point. GJ man!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Great tips. Some of the things that I do are submitting to directories, blog commenting, article writing, and social bookmarking. What else am I missing?
Old 01-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I know this thread is a little old. But, I would not suggest submitting yourself to many of the free directories out there. A lot of them can actually hurt your PR and SERP(search engine results page) rankings because they are not trusted in the eyes of search engines like Google. As for the meta description it does hold less weight than it used top but it's still a necessary part of SEO.