Search Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude search this has been done a couple times and think about it ask someone what a search engine is and google pops into there head and even if its another name its prolly "powered by google"

Actually, I think that perhaps the reason why everyone replies 'Google', when asked for their opnion on the best search engine is because google is constantly in the news. I would suspect that the people who use google never use other search engines, and so have little to base their opinion on other than the fact that it is the search engine that they use.

Gordonscobie said:
Actually, I think that perhaps the reason why everyone replies 'Google', when asked for their opnion on the best search engine is because google is constantly in the news. I would suspect that the people who use google never use other search engines, and so have little to base their opinion on other than the fact that it is the search engine that they use.

I think it is because people that are serious about wanting to search for something do not want to look at the news, horoscopes, dating info, and whatever else clogs up the other search engine front pages.

When I want to find something, I do not want to be bombarded with ads and other useless info trying to get to it.

Google became the largest search engine in the world because they kept it simple and gave good, relevent search results. :cool:

My favourite would have to be Google. It's simple, fast, and displays relevant information. Definitely better than the others.

I like Google followed by Yahoo followed by MSN.

Google is fast and gives the best search results.

Have any of you tried "Dogpile"?

It supposedly compiles the major search engines into one....

I still prefer Google myself for all the reasons stated. It's clean and efficient, the "Lite Beer" of search engines, "tastes great, less filling" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom