Search Engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhengHe

In Runtime
I was wondering if someone can do a pole of all the common search engines, or maybe all in general. I'd like to see how that comes out that way I'd have a better idea of what alternative search engines I can use or should use. I know there are certain search engines good for searching for certain stuff, I just don't know what they are.

You mean, like a list of search engines?
The list would state SE one is for "xyz"
SE two is good for "abc"

etc.?

well, all major search engines (google, yahoo, msn, etc) all try to be the best in everything and all have an algorithym to rank the results.

anything other than that would be a directory and is manually ranked or results are listed according to human criteria.

Yeah, I guess if should have asked if someone can do a bunch of poles on search engines. There would be different categories with a certain amount of search engines in each and people could pick, which ones they liked and used the most.

Here's an example:

Whats your favorite general search engine?

A.) Google
B.) Yahoo
C.) MSN
D.) Lycos

ect, ect, ect.....

and a different question for each category.

all the major searches try to do the same thing... which is give results, THE BEST results, in any and all categories.

a directory will/can specialize in one category or topic.

so what you need is a listing of specific directories /categories
... then take a poll on those findings?

:)

i use altavista or google. and the word you mean to use is "poll". sorry, but i'm a stickler for spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom