SEO Tips to Optimize your site

Status
Not open for further replies.

mils89

Beta member
These are the 3 basic steps to optimize your site

1. Find good keywords for your domain name
2. Use your 'target keywords' in your Title
3. You must have a good content with your target keywords. Should be a relevant content.

Could you show people examples of keywords, and explain target keywords etc, otherwise good start! :)

another thing about keywords... it's important to use Meta tags, this helps search engines target those specific keywords, and ultimately rank higher.

It's also important to use those keywords in the title, and any h1, h2, etc.

There's a website called SEOchat.com, that allows you to check the 'keyword density', or the percentage of the use of those specific keywords on that specific page that you are trying to get to rank higher.

I would recommend using that, plus they have a bunch of other SEO tools you can take advantage of....

Does the age of a site have anything to do with its ranking in google, yahoo, et al? Just curious.

The company I work for is trying to come up with a strategy to get a higher ranking than its competitor. So far it's been willy-nilly, we're up one day and down the next.

I think one of the biggest hurdles for a web site to overcome is to provide relative content; followed shortly by: 'how to keep the content fresh and original in order to keep traffic coming back'

In reality, a website could have the worst design, no meta tags, title, etc...but if that same site provided unique content, for example pictures, graphs, articles, how-to's, forums, newsletters, etc. it would definately get good exposure.

the best way to increase traffic inside your site is to link your site to as many other higher ranking and relevant sites as possible. ^^

Does the age of a site have anything to do with its ranking in google, yahoo, et al? Just curious.

The company I work for is trying to come up with a strategy to get a higher ranking than its competitor. So far it's been willy-nilly, we're up one day and down the next.

I think no.. It's in the content of the and how SE recognized your keywords and how often your site visible in the SE...:)

hi. can anyone Search Engine Optimization help me to solve below topic. why it happenes?
and what to do?

If you wish, you can visit my blog to know what I did to optimize my website for search engines.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom