Search Bing And Google Simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source Search Bing And Google Simultaneously

A great way of testing a new search engine is to compare it to the dominant established search engine. BingAndGoogle offers a combined search interface that is more comfortable than working with two web browser windows or switching between tabs in the same window.
The search engine mashup displays a single search form on the main page. It will perform searches on both Bing and Google and display the results in two columns on the same page with the Microsoft Bing search engine on the left and the Google search engine on the right. This makes it easier to work with both search engines and compare results in the same window.

I use Bing for almost everything. I have already found several things via Bing that Google didnt have.

That sounds cool. But to be honest with you, I have never used Bing. I don't do much searching, when I do I use Google just because usually what I am looking for are relatively common things. Should be cool for people that do search a lot though, will be more time efficient since you won't have to switch back and forth.

I use it cause i answer tons of questions related to Windows. Google only has answer for those types of questions via forums like this. they dont have a spider on Microsoft servers. they dont have their website on their results that often. Sometimes they come up via a topic which has a link to it or something but very rarely do you see anything Microsoft on their results.

Now with Bing (foremerly Live Search) this was all you got. Any and all answers directly from Microsoft from their Knowledge Base Articles and the forums they run. Which is very useful if you have a problem and are looking for a answer.

Wow, I never knew that, thanks for letting me know! I didn't know this was what Live Search once was either, is there a reason why it was changed? I might have to start using Bing instead of Google now to see how I like it.

They changed it cause Live Search, well face it, it was to integrated with other products. Live Messenger, Live Mail, Live Photo Gallery, Live SkyDrive and so on. It just felt over bearing to have Live Search as well.

Bing is what Live Search was and more. They done some amazing things with it and i personally like it. I use it at least 99% of the time.

Yeah, how new is Bing? Like 2 days ago was the first time I ever even heard of it, and that was on a Television Commercial.

Did Microsoft just recently change Live Search to "Bing" to attract the more "Average Computer User"?

Live Search is Bing now without a doubt. But they have upgraded it and added new features.

There is a video that has been out:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f48/microsoft-bing-208443/

Shows what the new search engine can do. I like it cause there is a dot on the right side that shows you part of the page with your search query that is contained on that page.

Say you were searching for a Stop Error code of Windows.

[img=http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1447/bingexample.th.png]

Look at that. First 2 results and i can get additional information without even having to head to the page. So i can possibly get what i am looking for without even having to load the page. This is just 1 example as it is a M$ related one. So to me it seems a tad more useful than Google. For some things.

Does it contain everything, no. But neither does Google, Lycos, Ask, Yahoo or any of the other search engines. I just like the features of this one.

Also you can turn off the filter just like you can with Google. Click Extra in the upper right hand corner and select preferences. There you will find the option. No you dont have to be logged in. It will save it for you.

That's pretty cool, get to see what's on the page without having to load it. I'm going to use Bing for a while to see how I like it :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom