need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlock

Beta member
I have been building custom computers for 19 years
I recently took m y business online to find i am horrible with website building
wasn't really sure if it would pan out so i started a business site on microsoft office will someone please give me some feedback on my site i am not sure where else to go to ask such a question
please let me know what you think of my website

phelectronics [dot] net

I edited your link and moved the post to the proper area. While the post was reported as spam, we will give you the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully some of our web page guys will check it out.

The website looks rather bad in FF, I mean the main page. Text layout, formating and phrasing.

A mention about sharing profits with cancer society 50/50 right on the main page looks dubious as well. Dunno, if you are indeed Mark, and have lost relatives because of cancer and want to support this society, then my condolences first of all and I think it is great idea. But putting it so upfront makes it look as if cancer charity cause was to make your site more credible.
So keep this information elsewhere, or you risk the opposite.

You could get a copy writer to work on phrasing. Phrasing is the key.
You could use some CMS to make things look better.. joomla is good and free, Good Luck

Ok honesty is the best policy right? - So here we go...

It looks ugly in Firefox. It does not look good enough for me to trust it.

Things i dont like:

1. The Underlining of the text

2. The black text font should be changed, it's not pretty

3. The menu on the left, some option start with a capital letter some dont, looks half-hearted

4. Your code is not W3C valid; here's a link to help you out a bit:

Validation Results - W3C Markup Validator

Also do you have those compnies permission to use their logo's?

Not a pop at you personally, just constructive critisism! :)

EDIT: Also you need to sort the "free banner" thing, free means cheap, especially with banners and logos so maybe come up with a professional one?

There are people on TF who would help ;)

i very much appreciate all the advice given as for the font colors i had no choice but to use what microshaft allowed i am in search of a different host
as far as the cancer society yes i am mark and my step father passed away in 1999 my father passed away from colon and prostate cancer in 2002
and my bestfriend in 2002 4 months after my father it is a death i would not wish on my worst enemy as for the sentence structure i just wrote what i meant . end of story i have been building computers since 1989 and have no need to be dishonest i can build them better and cheaper that compaq dell
or alienware for that matter i have several friends that supply my parts
factory direct no middle man and like i said on my page i stand behind my computers forever i am sorry if this appeared to be spam it was a legitamate
question though and i was not really trying to make the website pretty
as much as practicle i could pay someone 1000 dollars to put up a website
but how does having a pretty website make you more credible?
and how does it make your product better?
as for the cancer society it will stay where it is as that is the entire reason i am still in business cancer was nearly unheard of 100 years ago and should have been cured befor now has any of you ever watched someone die
of cancer? if so you would understand why i put it on top of my website
and i may change it to 100 percent of my proffits as i do ot need the money
those of you who have not seen someone you love die of cancer i pray you never do my father laid in bed his last day of life turning black from his toes up to his waist befor he died he screamed and cried for some one to end it and i had to watch it all helpless to do anything my father was like god to me
when i was little and to watch the man who i thought to be indestructable die like that was devestating as far as me being mark yes i am
the number on my site is my home number and i will happily talk to any one who wants to call be it business related or not. i even offer support for free
for computer i do not build. i am not out to get rich or sell people anything
i just like helping people be it selling a computer or just helping someone
with a problem on a computer i did not build . i would rather help people with computer problems than build them
as i love helping people it is self rewarding

Many hosting companies have templates you can use, if not software packages. You might want to check some of them out.

I have dabbled in HTML, but not enough to be of help. I do know, however, that there are many WYSIWYG editors out there that would make designing your web pages a lot easier. As have been said, there are several on here who can give you pointers and/or help you with the project. Some would even work as a freelance designer for you.

thanks trotter for the suggestion but i think i will leave my site junky looking and free for anyone who needs help as a matter of fact i think i am just going to switch to helping people and not sell anything .

I think you can use coders from Rentacoder.com to develop a neat and good looking website. A professional website is necessary to build trust and confidence of visitors.

BTW, why do you want to help people rather than selling computers? Do what you are best at? You may also use your website to sell your service rather than computers.

Best Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom