Leads for business

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickSmith

Beta member
Hey guys - I'm pretty new here but I've been following along as a non-member for some time. I'm curious to know what you guys are finding to be most effective to generate leads. Of course word of mouth is the BEST but you can't always just rely on that. Thanks.

There are many different things you can do. It all depends on what your business is. Word of mouth is always the best, but also photos on social media, if that's relevant, would be great. Having a blog or website, advertising, and just talking to people are all great ways. Again, it just depends on the kind of business and what you are trying to do.

There are many different things you can do. It all depends on what your business is. Word of mouth is always the best, but also photos on social media, if that's relevant, would be great. Having a blog or website, advertising, and just talking to people are all great ways. Again, it just depends on the kind of business and what you are trying to do.

Is there any specific advertising campaigns that work better than others?? ex: mailers, billboards, etc

Well first off I'm no marketing expert at all, so take the below with a grain of salt :p

I'd say step 1 is identify and know your target audience. Who wants to use what your business is offering? Is there a group in your target audience who may be unaware that they could benefit from your services/products?

Basically, try to find out where the majority of your target audience are so you can maximize hits with your demographic. No point advertising skateboards in an area mainly populated by old people, especially when the suburb next door is full of younger people with kids. This applies to targeted ads through google too

Well first off I'm no marketing expert at all, so take the below with a grain of salt :p

I'd say step 1 is identify and know your target audience. Who wants to use what your business is offering? Is there a group in your target audience who may be unaware that they could benefit from your services/products?

Basically, try to find out where the majority of your target audience are so you can maximize hits with your demographic. No point advertising skateboards in an area mainly populated by old people, especially when the suburb next door is full of younger people with kids. This applies to targeted ads through google too

Everything that was said above. Really, what works best for advertising is going to depend on what your target audience is and what your budget is. For example, let's say you have a hotel, advertising on a billboard on the highway would be more effective than advertising on Facebook, if it's in the budget. On the other hand, let's say you have small shop selling homemade goods in your small town, a billboard 30 minutes away on the interstate may not be the best option, but advertising in local stores or on local social media channels would be the best bet. Does that make sense?

With so much of competition, word of mouth is not enough. You have to be socially active like create social media pages for your business and make your brand known. You'll be surprised from the result you can get if you do all things in a right manner.

Never held professional aspect of PR or marketing. I have how ever from leadership roles with video game clans, along with being project corridinator have exp promoting items and events.
Social media is best,
Twitter
Facebook
Linkdn
Tumbler
Instagrahm
Any and all social media is best word of mouth you can get. Facebook allows you to boost the audence you will target. if you have a budget for this. I suggest use it sparingly and for events and sales.
twitter has a lot of RE-tweet that might match your business interests. A website above all is important, and customers feel special with a option of creating a profile, and having a voice. if you allow a forum or feed back program on your website, do not lack in monitoring it, or even highering some one to monitor it. because competition and salty people will be attempting to degrade your business through social media.
Now another thing is ( I do not knwo if you offer services, or retail, or what) is hit up Facebook groups in your area with similiar interests and offer operating budget allowing Free is best, but huge discounts above normal prices to get the word out there. Having events and contests is always another good way for you to promote your business and customer friendlyness. that being said dont give everything away for free, offer basic service like PC for example now days so many places will diagnose your PC for free, then have specials where they will acept trade in for x amount of instore credit, or discounts of up to 30%. Have events like Public meet and greets if you offer retail this is great way to get people inside your business. another way is advertise with other shops in your area. Pawn shops will be your best if you offer retail depending on if items you sell can be resold.
I know I have left soooo much out. yet create a special Email address for business only. and have this E-mail. not your personal or employess personal be the only E-mail authorised to be used for Public relation and social media advertising. If you plan to go big, well higher some one to be the voice of your business, with this some one look for good communication skills, spelling and grammar way better then mine. also college students if you just want part time or want new faces are best employees. Provide a digital camera with good resulution, and a laptop, if colege student buy a beefy one as a incentive at the end of X amount of time being part of the company as a bonus. Make sure your it department has monitoring software, and your accounts person or department premake any social media they can find or think of, even if you dont plan on using it. let your employee know that new social media platforms must be presented to a designated person or your self if not imediate termination. and make sure that person will be responsive remember we know a lot, but these younger people know way more then us. also if planning on using mobile social media as in Ios, or Google or windows make sure you use a higher end phone for Apps take space and time.

Now make basic advertisements, and basic pre written posts. these will reduce time, and make sure anything new written is done on a text pad saved and dated, this offers A) a way to track what is posted versus what they posted B) easy way to copy past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom