How to get traffic to my Tech forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantmKllr

Solid State Member
Hi,

Two months ago I started an online tech forum. Ever since then I've been advertising like crazy. I've made a Facebook page, and a Twitter account, and I've been posing about my site on identi.ca several times a day, every day. I've sent invites to my friends, and I've even guest posted on a few blogs. I've done SEO, and submitted my site to as many search engines as I can.

After all this, I still have 0 users (with the exception of a test user I have made, lol). Is there anyone who can help me out? Maybe someone who has influence could help spread the word.

I also need staff members, so if you're interested, please send me a PM.

Its gonna be hard for people to send you a PM. If you would read the rules of our site, you would see that you dont qualify for use of the PM system. It would be wise to know such information before making a post saying as such. Doesnt look good that your wanting members but you didnt bother to read another sites rules first...

You have done everything you possibly can. But it would be wise not to go to other tech sites, such as ours, saying you started your own and expect people to jump from that site to another. Expecially when you admit you got nothing going on there. I will leave this up cause you dont provide a link. But this is all i will allow in regards to this matter. You are very borderline spam/advertising for your site. We do not allow that at all on our site. If i see another post or reference i will take the appropriate action.

You need a hook. Something that draws users to your site specifically. Why sign up on an empty site when there are plenty that have users ready to answer problems or be part of a community?

Think of things that you can do that you don't see on many other sites. You can't get by on just being a regular forum now. The key to a successful community starts there.

I'll help out if you'd like.
I could probably get a couple of people to join and help you keep the forums under control.
What type of forum is it?
Like, IPB, MyBB, Vbulletin, SMF?

Forums are great because users generate their own content. When you don't have any users, there is no content, which doesn't attract more users.

Create some of your own content to start with. Some tutorials, etc. This gives an incentive for users to come to your site, and then perhaps they will start creating their own content (threads).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom