Hi. Just thort i would share two recent experinces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeElroy

Beta member
1. I joined google adsense for my site when it started about 14 months ago hopping it would help me get indexed. I only had minimum amount of ads on bottom of screen. recently with my increased traffic i put the ads all over some pages. I thgink many of my satff and clients then clicked heaps of ads from our work place. Result google suspended my adsense account. I was worried how this may affect my serps. Answer - no effect what so ever. My conclusion adsese doesnt influnce serps.

2. I recently created lots of new link bait. I than emauiled out heaps of emails telling istes about the new resources. I gained a lot of good links including a few edu links. My serps stareted increasing for range of terms. I then took holiday. Sombody reported our site for spam email ( i only sent personlised emails to sites who had similar resources) the result being that my service provider was instructed to stop the emails. they took our site down!!!! I was away by time I got it back up 6 days later. google had spidered site with a 'under construction' page being the only thing there. Result was dissaperared for everything other than business name. This morning google rechached proper site page. Result all my previous serps returned to there position (relief).

Two things I have learnty from this down time does not have a lasting efect. Ane be carefukl with emailing people cold. It is considered spam in many juristictions and can have negative consequences.

Today i breath easy. Back on top of all three. BUT last week i felt like slitting my throat when i saw my site down.

white hat, grey hat, black hat are very close to each other really.

Be careful fellow SERP climbers

Just thort I would share.

Good luck to all.

Whoa, that is so stupid that Google would stop your ad sense. All they care about is the billions on profits they get. Your hosting provider should not have shut your hosting down either just because you sent out an email, I bet they never even investigated into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom