Google search list

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmulvill

Beta member
This may sound like a stupid question for many of you, so I apologize in advance if it is remedial. I have a question about the Google search list. When you type letters in to search for, past search listings appear in a scroll box below. Is it possible for search words to appear that have not been typed in? I do not recall entering many of the search words that appear, and I'm the only one using my computer. I wasn't sure if this might be a sign that I don't have adequate firewall protection, and the list is somehow being hijacked. Thanks.

Are you using the main google.com page or a search function that points to google? Which browser are you using?

I know in Firefox suggested search keywords show up in the search box at the top right.

I'm using the main Google.com webpage. The browser I have is Firefox, but I don't know what version (I'm not at my home computer right now.)

I know that Google returns suggested keywords nowadays.Great help to make searches go quicker.

I have never heard of this problem, I think you may be confusing suggested keywords for current search terms.

I think SE can offer the same or relative words if SE does not recognized the word that would never type in... and there's a keyword search tool that you can suggest and research for a word...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom