Google search

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started a new company and have my website up and running. How do I get it to come up in a google search? I was told Google adwords but am unfamiliar with this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Any other tips for the website to gain publicity?

HI, Google Adwords is a great tool to get traffic but the disadvantage is that it can be costly during start-up. I run adwords campaign in company with a limited budget. Its better to do some natural optimization which is a sure way to get higher rankings. Keep a note of these points:

• Content is King, a good content would always help your website gain better search placement.
  • If your URL identifies the business you are doing, its better.
  • If you try to get yourself in Social bookmarking, it can help too

Apart from these, if you do sell products, it might be better for you to get into price comparison websites ( example - Pricerunner ). If you are cheaper than your competitor, you could stand a chance to generate a sale. Or, if you wish to apear in Google results, try Google Product Search. Its free and yes can get you listed in search rankings and may generate good sales.

And if you are unfamiliar with Google adwords, try to have a look here and get yourself familiar: Google Adwords Learning

These are just my views, Its up to you buddy what you follow!

Thanks

I found the following link in a book today. I'm posting it here to clarify how google search queries operate.

Corporate Information - Technology Overview

The software behind our search technology conducts a series of simultaneous calculations requiring only a fraction of a second. Traditional search engines rely heavily on how often a word appears on a web page. We use more than 200 signals, including our patented PageRankâ„¢ algorithm, to examine the entire link structure of the web and determine which pages are most important. We then conduct hypertext-matching analysis to determine which pages are relevant to the specific search being conducted. By combining overall importance and query-specific relevance, we're able to put the most relevant and reliable results first.

•PageRank Technology: PageRank reflects our view of the importance of web pages by considering more than 500 million variables and 2 billion terms. Pages that we believe are important pages receive a higher PageRank and are more likely to appear at the top of the search results.

PageRank also considers the importance of each page that casts a vote, as votes from some pages are considered to have greater value, thus giving the linked page greater value. We have always taken a pragmatic approach to help improve search quality and create useful products, and our technology uses the collective intelligence of the web to determine a page's importance.

•Hypertext-Matching Analysis: Our search engine also analyzes page content. However, instead of simply scanning for page-based text (which can be manipulated by site publishers through meta-tags), our technology analyzes the full content of a page and factors in fonts, subdivisions and the precise location of each word. We also analyze the content of neighboring web pages to ensure the results returned are the most relevant to a user's query.

I work for an SEO company (White hat Media) and their are various things you can do to improve your SERP.

Make sure your website is coded well, it's standardized and all the correct functionality (i.e. meta tags, descriptions, keywords etc.). What SEO companies really do help in though (i'm speaking here from experience!) is there advice is often what separates amateurs from professionals. SEO can be difficult, especially in a competitive market such as voucher codes or t-shirts. Tree stump pruning is obviously alot more niche. Being analytical is the secret!

Google has a lot of self-help stuff on their blog and forum pages. check those out, hope this helps :)

social networks help as facebook and twitter. I recently started my website and have been reading a LOT about SEO in last few days, i found many sources claiming sharing in FB eventually goes to ranking in google, i created a FB page for my site and found out m FB page appears in google and my website still has yet to show up. my page is up only for a week now so its normal for what i read but i know google spiders got to it as it shows 200 in webmaster tools. so if you havent done any social network publicity, give it a try!!

and thanks everyone for all the advises.. im still working on SEO, it can be a never ending process... lol

The addurl does not exist anymore. The best way to submit a site is through a sitemap. It's easy if you have wordpress or the like. If you have a custom site you can use Create your Google Sitemap Online - XML Sitemaps Generator . Only resubmit if you make major changes to your site like a rebuild or added on an entire section. To keep google updated of minor changes and new content use a ping or indexer link pingfarm.com or ping-o-matic.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom