Google search

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbrze

In Runtime
I just started a new company and have my website up and running. How do I get it to come up in a google search? I was told Google adwords but am unfamiliar with this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Any other tips for the website to gain publicity?

Hello,

You need to get SEO. Search Engine Optimizer. Other than that add your URL to the Google Spider.

Add your URL to Google

That way Google will come and index your site and get it up on their search results. The SEO will help with the indexing as it will use tags and keywords.

Cheers,
Mak

Like Mak said, SEO is going to play a huge part in getting your company high up in the results. Yes you can pay for Google "AdWords" serivce (at an optimal fee o/c ;) ), or you can twaek your site to come in the top 5.

When planning out SEO lists for clients these things will come up top most ;)

1) URL Rewriting \ Rewrite Engine.
2) Site Map – Submit to Google.
3) Individual meta keywords per-page. Content reflected.
4) Keyword relevant content.
5) Subtle keyword inclusion on content pages in <p> tags.

You can do your research on Google, and you can also pay a SEO company. However becareful as there are some rouge traders out there who just want your hard cash. Best to get a reccomendation from a friend.

You can also post your specific SEO questions in this forum. We'll gladly help you out with any queries you may have ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Hello,

You need to get Search Engine Optimization. Search Engine Optimizer. Other than that add your URL to the Google Spider.

Add your URL to Google

That way Google will come and index your site and get it up on their search results. The SEO will help with the indexing as it will use tags and keywords.

Cheers,
Mak

May the quantity and potency of inbound links be bountiful upon your site.

This is the path to Google's grace.

SEO is a great way to go; however, it usually takes months and months of work and waiting to see real results (unless you try some black hat stuff that will ultimately hurt you more than help you.) Pay Per Click advertising is a good way (for many businesses) to start getting search engine traffic while waiting for a strong SEO effort to produce results. Just go to Google and click on advertising and then sign up for a Google AdWords account. This will allow you to have a small text ad come up in search results and also on relevant content pages that run Google ads. You can set your daily budget for these clicks at whatever level your pocketbook can afford. Of course, like anything else, there is much to learn about SEM (Search Engine Marketing is what PPC advertising is called, as opposed to SEO which is for organic searches) and entire books have been written about how to get high listings for the smallest bid. By the way, you bid for placement against other advertisers in the same space by saying how much you will pay for a clickthrough. Let them walk you through setting up an account and then read, read, read...

Thanks for the info so far. My company is a tree removal & landscaping company in Northern VA, what are some keywords that I would want to add in? Obviously tree stump removal trimming pruning... Anything else? Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom