Getting Search Engine Traffic? Starting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew008

Beta member
I have the web site in place. It's got good SEO. Keywords on the pages, links are optimized, everything is ready.

How do I go about getting a search engine to recognize it (google) and how do I get a higher search engine positioning with it?

Once again, google is in the business of making money, it all depends on how much you pay google as to how high up it is, other than that, it's pretty much first come first serve. Sometimes if you are sporting the google ads you will get up a bit higher.

getting good page rank require a little bit of time. Consider using service such as Lazy Seo to improve your ranking in the search engine. Don't forget, exchange link with high-traffic website will give a good effect too.

from my observation, the higher the number of your content get linked with other site, the higher the chance your page will be ranked on a particular topic.

Register at DMOZ.ORG it will take a few months to get listed in there after you submit but it is a great place to start. All the major search engines look at DMOZ.

submit to Google, to get your pages easily updated in Google and keep everything updated take a look at:
http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/

Inbound links - Get other sites to link to yours, the higher the page rank they are the better.

The way to get into Google is by getting good quality links pointing to your site that are on the same topic as your site and the sites that link to you are already in Google. Google will then find your site and it will get listed.

Don't submit to any search engines. Submit to DMOZ properly and then forget it. Build links and add content.

I think you can try by using blog. Create a blog that is related to your website and put a link to your website on your blog. Then, set your blog setting to notify weblogs.com.

I think in less than a week (if you post every day), your blog will be listed. When google listed your blog, it will also found your website link.

Just my 2 cents

dmoz is going to take months to get you listed.

Start submitting to free directories one by one there are thousands of them and some are pretty good when it comes to passing pr and direct traffic aswell.

Definitely do the DMOZ sub but forget about it because like others have said it will take months.

If you can afford it, you should also complete a Yahoo Directory sub. Google still considers Yahoo as a relevant and authoritative site, so such a listing helps you get out of Googles supplemental index sooner.

Speaking of the supplemental index - this is kind of a holding area for new sites (and other sites which may have done something to contravene google's guidelines).

Essentially sites are here because their link popularity (PageRank) has dropped or is otherwise low. Therefore you need quality links to get you out. DMOZ and Yahoo are a good start as are other highly popular directories.

Also, look at who links to your online competitors and see if you can get links back from them as well.

Once again, google is in the business of making money, it all depends on how much you pay google as to how high up it is, other than that, it's pretty much first come first serve. Sometimes if you are sporting the google ads you will get up a bit higher.

That is false information. You only pay to get traffic from Google Adwords and not the main search results themselves. If everyone paid them the results will be horrible and no one would use the search engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom