Dhoondho competes with Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... It's a good search engine but I still like Google better. How does that thing get those search results anyway? My unfinished website is there and I never submitted it.

My site is there and I never submitted it. Also Google is hard to beat, but at least there's some people giving it ago.

Dhoondo is a new search engine. I've never heard of it before until I clicked on that link. There are probably many others like that too. A good Google search should find you the more lesser-known ones.

well google is like god... its almost like which came first, the chicken or the egg... google or god :p

but the way a search engine works is it crawls the web to find urls and such and keeps them in a database (db). if you don't want your site crawled, you put in a file that is a standard to most search engines, robots.txt and put the useragent, and disallowed/allowed directories (* for all).

glad to see someones competeing with google though... that stock needs to come down from 100000 so i can buy some :p. The key to google, however, is simplicity. People go there not to see ads, and bad color blends, but rather the amazing search [algorithms?]. i applaud nagarjuna85 for making a search engine, but i think some major edits should be made to the site, such as losing the logo (although i do not professionally make them or anything, but photoshop is very powerful ;)).

EDIT: also, there are no spelling suggestions for wrong keywords... that is essentially WHY i use google sometimes... spell check and to know i am typing in the write word

nagarjuna85 said:
is based on a very advanced unique Artificial Intelligence technology (VIKI - Vector Inputted Kalculated Intelligence)

I know a fair bit about artificial intelligence and pattern recognition and data mining. And this term, I've never heard before. A fancy word for a whole bunch of nothing isn't it? :confused:

In anycase, please don't spam. I editted out the links from your post. The "name" of your site is all over the thread. Anyone who wants to find your site can I guess "google" for it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom