Bing Versus Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google has a wide range of services including the translator, google earth, youtube, orkut . Bing unfortunately won't be able to match the competency of Google.

Users will stuck to Google rather than migrate to Bing. I mean, I don't see anything new in the search engine.

Bing has a Translate, Earth (Called Maps) and so much more as well. You cant count YouTube cause that is not a service of Google. It is just owned by Google. But of which Bing also does have a Video Service as well. SoapBox which is through MSN Video.

So yes Bing does have services to match Google.

If you dont see anything new, then you havent tried it. Cause it is very different.

I always find exactly what I want when I Google. I like the iGoogle and thus it is my home page. I also use Gmail, because it far surpasses any other free email service, and so another reason why I use Google.

Google is simple, quick, and effective. I don't think I'll be changing any time soon.

EDIT: And besides, if this Bing dealio starts competing heavily with Google, Google will just come out with something better. They always do.

Just tested and Bing takes about 7-10 times longer to load than google (Bing vs Google). Soapbox doesn't support Chrome either. Until Bing loads faster I'll just use Google. I do use Bing if I'm not in a rush to find something out though.

Edit: I guess it's just the first time the page loads for the session that takes a while for Bing to load. Now it loads a lot faster, I'll use Bing for a while and see if I get into the habit of typing B+enter...

You could have been experiencing some higher than usual network traffic at the time, which can have an effect on load time. Of course, I don't know what you are getting for connection speed in your area. Are you sure it's Bing taking so long on the first load, or just high traffic during that part of the day that you first loaded Bing?

The first time I tried Bing, then the second time when I said it was working faster, was a difference of maybe 30-60 seconds.

Bing may also be tweaking things as they go, like adding servers, etc. which could account for faster access times because of more connections.

That's true. I am willing to wait if there are longer loading times now. I just have to break the habit of typing G+enter, it is so hard to break :freak:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom