Bing Versus Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't experienced this personally, but I heard that in Vista Explorer if you type in google in the url without .com then you get bing. That seems pretty sleazy to me :p

I haven't experienced this personally, but I heard that in Vista Explorer if you type in google in the url without .com then you get bing. That seems pretty sleazy to me :p

Yeah and i heard that Bill Gates has a check in the mail to me for $35 Billion. I havent seen it yet but i heard it was coming very soon. :rolleyes:

What do you mean by Vista explorer? Windows explorer in Vista or the internet explorer that comes with Vista? I know they said it's false, but I didn't quite get what you were talking about.

I assume they meant the internet explorer that comes with vista. I didn't hear any details, just that someone didn't like bing because of that. Now I have to tell them it's false.

Well i hope they do realize that the Search box that is in the upper right hand corner is a Search Engine Result item. Meaning that if Bing is the Search Engine that is used, any terms put into that box will take you to Bing which will bring up results for that "Search". It is NOT a address bar. So typing in Google would take you to Bing as that is the Search Provider in IE. But it can be changed.

So yeah typing Google into it would take them to Bing, cause they dont quite realize that it is not a Address Bar that will take them to a web site but a search engine searcher. It would be like typing Bing into a Google Text Box and expecting it to go to Bing. It wouldnt happen. It would be a Google page that had Bing as the Search Result.

That is not Bing, IE, or even Microsoft's fault. That is the users fault for not knowing or understanding that where they were typing was not going to get them to Google but to Bing with Google as the search result.

Yeah, I'm with you. Google simple and does more than Bing does. I refer google I also say google sth, instead of Bing s/th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom