Bing Versus Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazar

Beta member
As you may know Microsoft's new search engine, Bing, had a great start. According to some news, it started to overtake Yahoo. Bing also grabbed market share from Google.

Is it possible? I don't think so. People's habit is hard to change and most of us is using Google as the default homepage. I think more creative ideas and some vision is needed to overtake Google.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f48/search-bing-google-simultaneously-208904/
http://www.techist.com/forums/f48/5-advanced-bing-tips-209065/

Actually people's habits are not hard to change. People have to want to change them. I used to think Google was great, till i used Live Search. I switched from google to Live Search in less than 2 days full time use. I stayed with Bing and have recommended it to several people who have gone on to use it more and more over Google.

It is very possible that someone can take a cut of google but not overtake it. Not even google had this much traffic in its first month like Bing does. So right there is a big plus for the search engine.

I have been off of Google for over a year now. I use it sparingly and i dont see myself going back. I have pointed out why google is not that great and i have found more answers via Bing now than i have Google. Using the same search terms. I know people who have gotten answers with Bing but not with Google.

So the giant might have to finally re-think its strategy as Bing is no joke and with what it does offer and how it is implemented, could very well eat more than a handful of users away from it.

I decided to try Bing.com for some searches and I'm impressed with every visual aspect and how the results are displayed. If you've used every search engine BUT i'd recommend trying bing. I love many of its features but especially the video search feature where you can remain watching the video you selected then continue looking for videos on the same page! Many new intuitive features.

Well I had been pondering trying out Bing, and now after reading this thread I think I will try it the next time I search for something...so I guess you could categorize me with the easy-to-change-types. :p

Sorry, but i am used to saying "Just Google It". Unfortunatly, using the words "Just Bing It" does not have the same ring to it.

Sorry, but i am used to saying "Just Google It". Unfortunatly, using the words "Just Bing It" does not have the same ring to it.
I think that might have to stay in my signature, that was pretty funny.

I've been wanting to try Bing, but whenever I want to search something I'm just in the habit of clicking the URL bar and typing go and hitting enter. I need to get in the habit of typing bi and enter.

Well I just did a few searches at Bing. I have to say "wow!", I like the categories that are returned. I did a search for my laptop, and it was divided by accessories, drivers, prices, etc. Nice. I may have to create a sig that says "It don't mean a thing, if it ain't found at Bing." :p

Google is just simple. Which is actually good.
Maybe i dont want an overly detailed, fancy search.

I haven't tried Bing yet but I wondering why did Microsoft made another search engine. are they trying to replace MSN? I understand that Bing is still in beta test but it's still very simple compared to Google or any other search engine. I'm really wondering what do Microsoft plans to do?

Bing is not simple at all. It is very complex. Even more so than Google. Google gives you results based on the number of times people have searched a subject and even then those results are based off of how many times people have click certain links.

So the results can be far and wide if you will actually get what you want. Bing is the exact opposite. It gives you exactly what you are looking for within the first few results. Not to mention that if you searching for a Video, you get a preview of it. Without having to go to the site.

Images? Bing gives you all the results on a single page that you scroll through. Not just thumbnails that you have to go to the site to get the image from.

Bing is much more than what Google is and i wouldnt be surprised to see Google adopt a few things from it.

Microsoft replaced Live Search with Bing. MSN is and will always be there. Even the MSN homepage uses Bing as its search now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom