Anyone can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alimaserrat

Solid State Member
hi there,

i'm kind of webdesigner and i wonder how can i put my domain's name on search engines? i mean like google or yahoo and etc.?

shal i pay for that?

good, i'm web designer too, but it isnt the wbdesigner's job to market the site :)

anyway, to clear you out, yahoo and google are different, its OK to say tht google is seach engine, but to say that yahoo is as well, its not, Yahoo is a directory.

search engine works with BOTS/SPIDERS, agents that fetch and catagorize every new site that uploads on web, so this fethching depends on how your META tags are defined specially keywords, and descriprion. submitting your site to google directly wont bring any help, you wont be listed on top after submitting, but you can be listed on top, a if you have effective meta tags defined, even you didnt submitted your site. google actually seaches for words in every page of the document and show these results (unless of course u arent paying for the search results on top)

you can submit in yahoo manually, and they'll catagorize your site accordingly. as its directory.

about meta tag,

can you tell me more about meta tag, and what should i put in meta tag so my web become one of the first web site in google search engine,?

this was stated above:
"good, i'm web designer too, but it isnt the web designer's job to market the site "

uhm...sorry to say, but that is not a true statement.

The "design" of your website has a HUGE impact on well your website will rank in search engines.

Also, I would spend VERY little time on meta tags, as they are not very imporant.

alimaserrat, unless you have lots of time to learn about SEO and getting ranked in search engines, yes... you should pay for it.

but be very careful if you pay for it... DO GOOD research to make sure the company you pay for search engine ranking is GOOD. They should "really" know what they are doing... and if they guarantee any thing... walk away from them.

there is no "simple" way to get ranked.

there is MUCH to learn :)

GOOD LUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom