Am I just not patient enough...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjlmbklr

Solid State Member
I have ventured into what was once the unknown...to me, I built my own website. A year ago I would have never dreamed of doing this. Now I know there are some diehards out there that grew up in this world of technology, but not me. The site I built is very basic, and I used Yahoo site builder to do it. It was so easy to do too. And when business picks up I'll probably build a better eye appealling site.

It is for a very small local business that my Fiance(does anyone know how to put ' above the e?) anyway, I have been frantically registering my URL wherever I can. BUt I am having trouble veiwing in search engines. About a week after I published the site I was able to do a search on Yahoo using the keywords "brow waxing Milwaukee" and it would be there right on the first page. I was very happy, after all what good is a website, if peopl cannot find it! Then I did a little research and desided to change my keywords(meta tags)I kept all the same ones I had but added a few. Now I cannot find my site. I also have register myURL on google http://www.google.com/addurl/ but why can't I find my site when search with keywords?, will this take time, and what the heck does Google sitemap do?

How bout any of the different packages you can buy to help promote a site, like MSN's package or Register eveywhere.com are these worth to money, what will they do for me?

I just want to promote this site with as little money spent as possible. And also, if I fix something within the site, then re-publish it, will I have to wait all over again for the crawlers to find it?

OBTW, here it is if anyone wants to critique it, please be gentle.

My site

Site Traffic

Well... Getting your site known is not easy. I've been trying for a while to get my site known. You need to get traffic to generate traffic, I've just been doing alot of foot work, trying to get popular in one area before I move on to others. Right now I'm working to get known locally, then I will move elsewhere. and google sitemap is similar to the Yahoo WebCrawler I believe. you might want to try a button exchange, I'm using http://www.hotcandle.com/ they seem to be pretty good.

In answer to putting an accent on fiancé, simply ensure you have NUM LOCK on, hold down ALT and type in the correct 4-digit code, which can be seen on THIS page

In answer to your main question, i don't know :confused:

it's good that you already get your own domain. My advice, do off site promotion. To get high rank in the search engine require some efforts though. I update my site (in the sig) three times per day to get good result, and it really worth my patient. :)

Well putting your sites link in forum signature is the one of the best way to get starting traffics. Why dont you put that on this forums signature?

K, will do...!

I guess I was mixing up this forum withanother, thought it would be spamming.

You need to all of time and effort.
Try exchanging links with websites of similar interest.
Post in forums and add your website on your sig.
Write articles with your website link and submit to article directories.
There are many things that you can do. Whether you make it or break it depends on how popular your keyword is and what you have to compete against.

Best of luck.

google takes 3 months on average

for my last site it took Google 3 months to get around to noticing it. Other than that make sure your Meta Header and Description and Keyword tags match the content on your page (on each page of your site).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom