This is what i do :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole alphabetic-piracy analogy isn't too withstanding.

We all have a characteristic written signature. To copy this exactly is to forge a signature. Each one is unique.

Sure, we're using the same alphabetic characters, but that is a standard across the entire field of (at least English) writting, which we all have exact possession of.

Art is different. Art has no standards. Our only common tools are red, yellow, blue, and our little grey cells from which we create.

This is why each peice of art is its own unique standard. To use this art for your own purposes, you must cite the original author (giving them credit for the foundation of your picture), and you cannot claim the whole as your own sole creation.

There's a catch, though. The "whole" work is not yours, but what you have created, is.

In short, as long as you acknowledge that you've obtained the source material from somewhere else, there's not much of a problem. (Of course, just taking someone's work and throwing some text on it and some basic filters, doesn't really give you the right to claim the peice as a personal artistic achievement, either.)

Boo, your links are all broken, otherwise I would have a look at your stuff. Sorry.

Him said:
I have to hand it to you simon, that is by far the greatest sig I have ever seen! Thats great man.

Everyone, you gotta lay off the guy. He's proud of his work, and simply showing it off. Stealing it or not, he still made them. He took and idea from his head and brought it to fruition. I dont know how to use PS, so I couldnt make those. They are cool. He has a talent, using PS, and that is his work. dont down him for being proud of something he can do, instead embrace it.

Dont playa hate, congradulate.

But boo, I do dig those sigs. I really like the first and third ones in your list. I forget what they were called though.

when you say stealing them what do you mean?

the only thing i use is the picture everything else is done by me

They mean you are taking other pictures, and incorporating them into your sig, therefore stealing them. I dont think you are. most people would see that as a compliment, using their pictures in your own work like that. It's like a movie stealing an idea from another movie BLATENTLY and using it in theirs. They are not doing it for any other reason than that they are paying homage to the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom