Website Feedback

zentechnet

Baseband Member
Hi Forums

What do you think of this website (75% done)? Does it look professional? unprofessional? above average? satisfactory? cheap? Everything on it is built from scratch as far as graphics, textures, logos, text content, concept etc. It includes support for setting up/securing the domain, setting up email accounts (the domain it's on now is temp), uploading all files, integrating with FB & Angie's List by setting up brand new accounts and optimizing for promotion of the business, post support to some degree with updates if needed and a ton of other things I'm probably forgetting. Everybody seems to be an "expert" that I've asked about this and the prices are all over the place. I just wanted to get some general feedback from you guys on what should be charged for something like this because I respect the pool of knowledge and skill amongst the members here. Thanks!

Helping Hands

I do not know a ton about website building but I can give you my feedback about the overlook of the site. I think it does look professional, it is average not flashy or anything like that but I do not think that is really needed for this type of business. One thing I would change on it though as at the bottom the grass when scrolling up and down I do not like that the grass follows the page lol. I think that should just be left at the bottom.

Hey thanks for the feedback!

The grass at the bottom is a "locked" background. It should stay stationary. If you hold 'ctrl' and scroll your mouse wheel back & zoom out the position should stay the same and multiply if you pull it too far back. It's the body of the page that seems to be moving a slight bit when you scroll up/down and needs to be repositioned so it is "locked" as well. Thanks for pointing that out...it's a minor fix :)

Well this the owner wants a site so I thought I'd give it a shot. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ok thanks. I'll add an option to disable the sounds and also scramble the email address if you think that's the wise thing to do...and thanks for the link on how to do that :)

Thanks for the complements on the graphics!

Hey! I checked out your site and I have a couple of things for you.

1) for a site made from scratch, I admire your passion
2) because its for a business, you may want to hire someone with a bit more experience. if not anything else to rebuild some of the graphics. Vectors work wonders!
3) I'd hire you! :D

Good luck!

Remove the sound. It only annoys visitors and potential customers that they don't have control. Allow them to turn on the sound if they wish.

You're also using too many effects. Try to limit them as much as possible while maintaining a professional look and feel.

For a site from scratch without any previous experience it's very well done. That being said it still looks like just that: someone's first website.

Thanks for the tips and I really appreciate the compliments. I will address the sound shortly. The effects seem to be enjoyed by the new customers, even on their phones so I might leave them. It's actually mine and my partner's business and we have had a 60% increase in clients since the launch so we are very pleased with the results. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom