Web page logo on browser tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbrze

In Runtime
How do you get that small logo for your website to come up on a browser tab. e.g. Craigslist has a purple peace symbol, MSN has that butterfly, Yahoo has that purple Y!? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

That is called a favicon. You get it by creating a 16x16 icon and uploading it to your server with the file name favicon.ico and from there it gets loaded.

You can create a favicon by googling "online free favicon creator" there are a few good ones out there, once you have created one and uploaded it to your server all you need to do is put this piece of code somewhere between the <head></head> tags on your pages:

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.yourdomain.com/name_of_icon.ico">

It support is correct, try searching for it on bing. Theres a free software you can take any image and insert it and it will create any favicon icon for your website.

I just added a favicon to my site today. The only color scheme that seemed to work well is 16 color for the 16 x 16 pixel icon. I made separate icons for my Java applet pages using the link tag shown above. If you have visual studio installed on your computer you can just use the same IDE as C++ to create an Icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom