Web Design

SNAKE 5O

Illest Sniper
Does anyone recommend a book about designing a website from scratch. I have little knowledge just trying to read about the basics. Thanks

Learn to code | Codecademy

It's a free site that you just need to sign up for and there are tons of tutorials for many different programming languages, including HTML and CSS. They start at the super beginnings and they build up and eventually you've got a full site created. I found it pretty helpful for learning Javascript.

Word Press is just a blogging platform. It doesnt allow you to actually create web pages. It only allows you to create a page or items within the blogging software.

You can create your own themes and UI layout with wordpress, but for the most part it's better served as a basic blogging tool that you set up based on available themes and such.

In my experience wordpress is more of a CMS these days. IF you have the CSS, PHP, and HTML knowledge you can build a full working website off of Wordpress. I mean, we did it using the crappy CMS that is vBullitenCMS. Just takes a lot of work. End results are usually pretty good though.

Personally, I love wordpress. Most people these days use it. I my self have managed to turn it from a simple blogging platform in to a fully working user-manageable news magazine and forum.

People will also pay money for Wordpress. If you set up a nice looking Wordpress Web Design site and then sell Wordpress installations for about £300 or £200 (what people actually pay), you can just install Wordpress on some cheap hosting with a domain and then profit lots from the installation. The problem is just advertising, I recommend small businesses in the area.

I love Wordpress and would highly suggest it, as well. It basically allows you to have your own website and content without having to know anything about coding.

Plus, you can easily add a lot of functionality to your website without having a lot of coding experience. There are a lot if plugins that will save you time if you don't intend on becoming a web-developer.

The "Teach Yourself Visually" series has all sorts of them like Wordpress and other types of sites. They are easy to understand and include full color screen shots to explain everything. I learned a lot from them.

Back
Top Bottom