Want to revamp company website. Which software should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Drupal is that it's very powerful. With that power comes a bit of overkill on most basic sites (such as yours). However, with that power also comes the ability to do whatever you want.

It's hard to use from a modding and development point of view, but not so much a consumer point of view. It has a huge community and lots of addons.

I've heard some good things about CMS Made Simple - Welcome to CMS Made Simple too, but I've never tried it.

I'm going to recommend WordPress again. It's great for using as a CMS, I use it for all my new clients. I've set up a demo here. If you want to see how the back end of WordPress as a CMS works, click "site login" at the bottom right and login with 'demo' for username and password.

Pages are for pages, and you can use posts as a news feed, or even not at all. You can even designate one page as "home" so that it shows up when you go to the site. You won't even realize it's a blog platform unless you use the posts. :)

Now that I see the demo site and backend of wordpress.... it looks really easy to use and the website layout looks clean!

How do I go about installing it locally or setting it up so I can create the new website without interrupting the current website?

To do it locally, you'll need to install a WAMP first. Google AppServ or XAMPP, either will work fine. Install one of them, and then put WordPress in the document root folder. Access it like http://localhost/wordpressfolder

Then you can do what you need.

Great! I got it on locally and its installed! Kerrick where do I get the theme for the demo site? It looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom