want to learn flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not as hard as c++ by any means. I don't know msam 6 so I can't speak to that.

Flash has a huge user interface with a lot of features that are specific to it. It also requires a few different skill sets to make something that looks good. You need to have some idea how to make attractive graphics (Flash won't make your ideas attractive for you, that's all on your shoulders). If you want to do interactivity you'll have to know the basics of programming (Actionscript looks a little like JavaScript). If you want to do animation you'll have to know the basics of animation. The hardest part of learning Flash is that it assumes so much of the user. And most importantly, it's a tool to put your ideas into. It won't generate or improve your ideas. It doesn't make things easy. It's flexibility is one reason that it has a high learning curve.

Probably the best place to start is with a really basic book. Read it through, let it sink in, and then try to attack the user interface. I made the mistake of diving right into the program and thinking that I could figure it out on my own. Don't make that mistake. Run tutorials, read books, and experiment in small doses.

It's not impossible. It just takes a lot of time. I've been using it off and on for almost 5 years now (in various versions), and I only consider myself an intermediate.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom