want to learn flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubledyouth

In Runtime
i want to make a flash movie for my english project due next thrusday. is there any possible way that this can be done. i can be pretty good with computers and i just need to know what programs i need and how to do it.any help would be appreciated.

Flash has a pretty enormous learning curve. It's not one of those programs you can just install and start using effortlessly.

By next Thursday? I'd say probably not. Of course that all depends on what you want to do. But if you know nothing at all about Flash I'd recommend finding another tool given the time frame.

Yeah, if you can learn flash in a week, I want to shake your hand. In my opinion, it's one of the most non-intuitive interfaces you'll find. Great program, though!

i thought my time frame was a little small but i found something else to do but i still want to learn flash. any sugestions how i should go about doing it?

Put some time aside. Get a book or a tutorial. Read or follow the entire thing. Then play around with the application. Then find a more advanced tutorial or book. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

That's probably the best way. Flash isn't very intuitive. You have to use it to understand it. I floundered around in it for months before realizing this.

Just stick with it and you'll get it.

The best ways to start is reading tutorials from flashkit.com and also you should read and follow the tutorials built into the flash program itself. Flash is a non-linear animation program, you can compare it to visual basic in a sense... start thinking non-linear, you'll soon realize you can make fairly complex user interfaces with very simple actionscripting.

Troubledyouth said:
i want to make a flash movie for my english project due next thrusday. is there any possible way that this can be done. i can be pretty good with computers and i just need to know what programs i need and how to do it.any help would be appreciated.

I admire your ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom