Vector Help in Photochop

Status
Not open for further replies.

waverunner

Baseband Member
I have worked a a photo resto and retoucher in a pro lab for 6 years. I have also used photochop (yes I know..I ment to spell it that way) for 7+ years. The problem is I only work on images. I want to make some resolution independent vector graphics. any one know if you can vectorize a photo in photochop CS???

No dude I know how to save!! Im talking about if you take a wallet size image and blow it up to a 30x40 inch print it looks like crap. With a vector image you can make it any size in the world and it will not lose any resolution. I want to know how to do that.

waverunner said:
No dude I know how to save!! Im talking about if you take a wallet size image and blow it up to a 30x40 inch print it looks like crap. With a vector image you can make it any size in the world and it will not lose any resolution. I want to know how to do that.

yes you can do vector in PS with the Pen tool. It's much better to do it in Adobe Illustrator though.

Also when you vector an image, unless you are amazing at vectoring, it will not look real.

PS is meant for bitmap images. You can create vector art (paths) as mentioned above. You will need to scale them, fill, and render a bitmap image. Illustrator (as mentioned) is the better tool for the job.

illustrator is vector art tool photoshop not.
you can convert an image in illustrator and re-use in PS, but again it wont be treated as a vector art. though you can use pen tool to make vector art (this will work prior to fill/stroke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom